Check for NOTAMS Before Departing for the WAllowa County Fly-In/Airshow (KJSY)
Click the image below for a larger
view of the parking area.
Click HERE to see the layout of the ramp during the event.
All listed times are local
Under Wing Camping And Event Entry Free (for arriving pilots and passengers)
Call for more information 541 263-2793
AWAS frequency 123.775 (541) 432-0458
During the Event (Friday afternoon through Saturday) UNICOM frequency 122.8 will be monitored.
Parking directions will be available as well as information on under the wing camping on GROUND frequency 123.4. (Bring your own tie-downs to anchor into grass)
Side by side ATVs and golf carts will be on site during the daytime to help with transportation to and from the aircraft parking.
The main portion of the ramp will be closed during the event for the static aircraft display.
- The Banquet is open to the public at $25 per person. Online tickets or at the gate. (Tri Tip, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Chicken)
- A NoHost dinner and bar with live music featuring No Boundries at the Joseph airport.
- 5:00pm gates open for the banquet and STOL flight demonstration.
- 5:30pm a STOL flight demonstration starts.
- 6:00pm dinner served.
- 6:45pm Live music.
- The Banquet will feature a live auction. A silent auction will begin at the banquet and conclude on Saturday around 11am.
1730(5:30pm): Evening Banquet starts
|7:00am||Gates Open – Admission $5 (10 and under free)|
|Breakfast Begins $10 (10 and under eat free)|
|Educational Hangar – Events for kids of all ages. Collect your wings and receive a free airplane ride on Sunday (Children up to 18 years old eligible)|
|Silent Auction-Continues from Friday night|
|Static Display – Jets, Helicopters, Warbirds, Back Country Planes and more!|
|8:30am||Opening Ceremonies – National Anthem by Kana Oliver & Malichi Roberts L-39 Jet Low Approach|
|9:00am||STOL Flight Demonstration|
|10:00am||F-15 Fly Over|
|11:00am||Silent Auction Ends|
Arriving air traffic may experience a small delay during the flight demonstrations. Call UNICOM for information.
See the Fly-In/Airshow page for the complete schedule.
Aircraft Fuel and Petroleum Safety Tips
The Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has established stringent regulations for the routine handling, disposal and/or accidental release (spills) of aircraft fuel and other petroleum based products – complete with significant fines/penalties for non-compliance.
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT…aircraft owners are financially responsible (and will be billed) for any environmental issues created by their aircraft. This includes accidental spills regardless of the cause [e.g. owner or operator negligence, vandalism, act of nature (tornado), etc.]
We offer these safety tips and best practices to prevent accidental spills and minimize financial obligation:
1. Secure (tie down) aircraft in anticipation of adverse weather including strong gusting winds.
2. Make sure aircraft is on level ground. If not, adjust fuel levels or plug fuel tank vents to prevent leaks.
3. Be careful when fueling aircraft. Over-fueling often causes fuel to run onto the ground and accumulations equate to contamination.
4. When checking aircraft fuel levels, do not dump sumped fuel on the ground.
5. Place pans under any leaking fuel or oil from aircraft.
6. Properly dispose of surplus fuels (sumped fuel and/or fuel collected from leaks)